- Altitude of the vineyard: 260 – 325 m
- Soil: formed from calcareous sediments – terra rossa
- Average vin age: 50 years, 20 years
- Planting density (ha): 3500, 7000 vines
- Yield per hectare: 5000 kg, 4000 kg
- Cultivation: organic
- Harvest method: manual selected
- Harvest time: October
- Vinification: dried grapes (appassimento) of 1 month, macerated for 20 days, 10 years in oak wood barrel/barrique, not filtrated
- Serving temperature: 16 – 18 °C
- Food pairing: Kras Cru pairs excelentelly with cured meats, venison salami, ham and meats with higher fat content.
Kras Cru, Rencel
A blend of Teran, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot that matured for 10 years in oak barrels. Deep ruby red color. Intense and fine aromas of blackberry marmalades, prunes, salty spices, chocolate, coffee, leather and sweet spices. The taste is sweet with pleasantly rounded tannins. An intensive vigorous body expresses softness, intensity, of an expressed elegance and a very long finish.
- Vintage: 2008
- Variety: Refosco – Terrano (70%), Merlot (15%), Cabernet Sauvignon (15%)
- Style: Dry
- ABV: %
- Wine cellar: Rencel
- Region: Karst
- Bottle size: 750 ml
All bottles are shipped directly from the wine estates in cases of 6 bottles. Please select your case or cases from your preferred wine estate. You can order a case of 6 bottles of this wine or mix and match with other bottles from this wine producer.